For God so loved the world, as to give His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. – Saint John the Apostle

Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Saint Quote of the Day: Saint Scholastica


Saint Scholastica by Andrea Mantegna- PD-Art-1923


When I appealed to you, you would not listen to me. So I turned to my God and He heard my prayer. Leave now if you can. Leave me here and go back to your monastery.

– Saint Scholastica to her brother, Saint Benedict of Nursia, at what turned out to be their last visit before her death.



Saint Scholastica’s patronage: Against lightning; against rain; against storms; Benedictines; convulsive children; nuns; Le Mans, France; Monte Cassino Abbey; school; tests; books; reading.